Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Sending Hugs - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

 Hello lovely peeps,
Hubs is home tomorrow :) I don't usually miss him when he's away to be honest as I'm normally far too busy enjoying lots of time in my craft room without feeling guilty for neglecting to spend time with him, but with recent events I'm looking forward to him coming home, that will probably change within half hour of him being home mind as that man takes all of five minutes to trash the house lol.

I had loads of things on my crafty to do list that I wanted to make & new things to try during my holiday & I haven't managed or even wanted to get anything done, time spent with Gareth & Jodie has been far more important. I am getting a bit concerned about Jodie's scrapbook though as she wants it for her 21st birthday & that is only two months away & so far I have made a grand total of two pages, eeke! If anyone finds my mojo please return it to me asap lol.

Today is new challenge day at
& this week our challenge is
PIN IT!
so use pins / paperclips, clothes pegs etc on your creations

This card was really hard to get a good piccy of and then I remembered having trouble with photographing the blue White Wash paper before so apologies these were the best piccys I could get.
 This card is for Jodie to give to Jamie's parents, she didn't want the usual "With Sympathy" or even "Thinking Of You" on the card from her so she was looking through my exclusive Simon stamps and spotted the "sending hugs" sentiment and wanted it on her card as Jamie always gave her big bear hugs & so does his dad John so thought that was perfect for them.
I have used some pretty Maya Road trinket pins and also a pin I have made myself. 

    Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a fabby $50 is store spending spree
Simon Says Stamp
Don't forget to visit the SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG  for lots of fabulous inspiration, candy, and lots of  lovely new or featured products.
 I'm entering my card in the following challenges - 
Make It Monday - anything goes
As the weather is so incredibly hot Gareth & I started filling the pool up on Sunday, Gareth couldn't wait he was in it by the time there was only a few inches of water in it lol.
Yesterday I didn't get anything done that I had planned, instead I spent a really lovely chilled out day in the garden & pool with Jodie & when Gareth came home on his break he jumped straight in the pool with us.
Gareth kept us entertained with his punctured rubber tyre slowly going down and wrapping around him as it did, he looked so funny & was coming out with his usual wise cracks to make us laugh :)
It's amazing how a swimming pool & sunshine reverted them both back to kiddies & I'm so glad it did as it was lovely with just us chillin' out together & for a couple of hours there was no stress, no sad thinking or tears, just them being big kids & me still being the annoying muma with the dreaded camera lol.
That's me done for today lovely peeps, thanks for stopping by



36 comments:

  1. Stunning card Mandy, I love your colour choice and your card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Mandy! Absolutely stunning flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. another beauty Mandy, love the monochromatic look and the cute little paper flowers
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Mandy :-) I am sure Jamie's parents will really appreciate this,,,
    thinking of you all and especially Jodi,, this must be devastating for her,,, xx

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Mandy!!! They will love it and the special sentiment that Jodie picked. Love the pictures, they look so happy and relaxed. Big hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandy, couldn't help but smile when I saw your pics. Same thing happened at our house too, pool out and lots of giggles, lovely to see.
    Fab card, love all the wonderful details, the flowers look stunning.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I'm new to following you. You card is just gorgeous. Have a great day. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifull card, although it's for a sad sad event... Nice to read you guys had some time to recover from this terrible news!
    Hugs,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, gorgeous elements and colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Mandy!! Love those gorgeous flowers!!

    Glad to hear that you had a nice relaxing day yesterday!! We all need some down time every once in awhile!! :)

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Mandy this is so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mandy, I am heartbroken for Jodie and all of you that knew and loved Jamie. What a dreadful 12mth losing these young men. My heart goes out to his parents xx
    Your card is Stunning! I love the gorgeous colour and all the stitching is beautiful.
    Huge Hugs to you all.
    Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Mandy, such pretty colours and gorgeous details.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another intricate masterpiece, Mandy! Love that sentiment too :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, your design is gorgeous. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Mandy! Love the monochromatic look!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful and peaceful card. I love the colors. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful and peaceful card. I love the colors. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful card Mandy.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card and so perfect for the sad occasion...hugs
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just gorgeous and should be placed in a frame. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow what a stunning card Mandy, your designs are to die for! beyond pretty!
    Love your pics :))
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful Mandy. Gorgeous colours and layout. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so pretty! I absolutely adore the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Mandy, this is absolutely a masterpiece.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colour and all of your flowers look stunning :)
    Fiona L x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely card mandy ...sorry to hear your sad news .
    Have a peaceful weekend
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Mandy love this one it's stunning!!! oh how i wish i could produce something like this! it's in my fav colour too.
    Love the photos so lovely for keeping memories of your happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  30. gorgeous card love the design and flowers and love the embossed die circle-great photos
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  31. sweet girl this is adorable card. How could anyone not like and appreciate the sentiment behind it? I hope you are ok darlin - please drop me an email when you are feeling strong!! LOL.
    Luffs ya.
    hugs
    Dawn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is beautiful Mandy and I am sure, very much appreciated. The colour scheme is stunning as are all the gorgeous flowers and embellishments.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful card Mandy, I love that choice of colour and the whole design is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mandy, this is gorgeous. You always make the most beautiful card - either you use the cute image(s) on them or not. This one is very elegant and breath taking. Amazing! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Card is Beautiful.. Love the details.. And I can understand that is hard to get the good photo of.. Great to hear that you have Great Weather.... FAB to have vacation then. :o).. I am sorry I haven´t been around.. I have lost something might be called mojo.. I have vacation.. weather is not good.. and My boyfriend does not get vacation.. what to doo.?? well I should empty my craft room ..and then paint it white.. and get all the new furniture sorted out there... .But No.. Can´t find the guts to start... Well I have to tidy up first... Maybe I will start there!.. Big Hugs Solveig

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins